I posted this on a sub topic but wanted to post it on the main page: Avenger of Blood is a graphic novel based off of the Sylvia Likens case.
I read a story 2 years ago that was one of the saddest stories I have ever read in my life. That is the story of Sylvia Marie Likens. As therapy, I wrote somewhat of a meditation on Sylvia's ordeal because I was angered and sad at what I had read. After three months of writing a manuscript, I could not shake myself from the thought of this beautiful soul and what she had to go through. I wanted you all to see this because I would like for you to take this journey with me before we start publishing it.
I hope I am not offending anyone by posting this but I would like you all to be some of the first to see this graphic novel. This is in no way attended to offend you all. I am right there with you and writing this was therapeutic and a meditation on innocence and darkness. I see Sylvia and that family in my dreams all the time. I see Billy who is an entirely fictitious character in my dreams constantly but is a representation of you and me. I see them all out of the corner of my eye in mirrors and such. I believe we all are haunted by what happened during the summer and fall of 1965. Comments are encouraged. 40% of it is back story and the other 60% is Billy's revenge story. Don't be expecting the straight story, it is intended as a work of fiction.
We are currently working on the sketches and artwork. Before we publish this, I thought you had the right to read at least some of it.
Also, I don't know if any of you are a fan of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds but he and his publishing company have approved for us to use his quotes on the title pages.
I have to raise money to pay the artist and get a thousand copies printed. Kickstarter is a website where you can post up your projects and raise money to get them completed.Avenger of Blood Genesis Act 1 will be going up as a kickstarter campaign next month, be looking out for that! http://www.kickstarter.com/ The more money you contribute, the more prizes you will get. If we hit our goal or higher, we receive all the funds to complete and print Act 1 of Avenger of Blood. If I raise the right amount of money that I need through the kickstarter campaign to finish Act I, I will donate the money that I make off the first 200 graphic novels to this charity. If I raise twice the amount, I will finish both acts in the novel, print twice as much and donate the money that I make on the first 500 copies to this charity.
One of the goals in writing this novel is to make others aware of what evil could happen in their very own neighborhood and to not be afraid to intervene or speak out when children are being abused. This charity was created to make a home for children who have been abused when they have nowhere else to go and stop the cycle of abuse that can be passed down from adult to child. Please help us get this kickstarter off the ground, we would love to help this charity out!
There are gonna b lotsa cool prizes for yah, graphic novels signed, limited edition graphic novels signed, personal inks signed by the artist, your picture digitally inked by the artist, an extra in the novel, a speaking role, who knows! We have a lotta money to raise and if you can't contribute, please spread the word as much as possible on facebook, reddit, etc. it would be much appreciated. This will be your chance to see the greater part of the novel finished with Jorge Bernier's beautiful artwork in a softcover, perfect bound, matte finished book! Let's help Sylvia's story reach a wider audience, so her cries will not be unheard! Thank you soooo much for your support!
Add yourself to the face book group as well under Avenger of Blood Genesis Graphic Novel to get updates!